Public Protection and Disaster Relief (PPDR) is a major consumer of communication. In many situations it is even vital. The PPDR organisations therefore have high demands on mobile communication. Now and in the future. FIGO is a partner in the EU project SALUS , which focused on the future of communication for PPDR. The project ran from 2013 to 2016.
SALUS investigated the future of mobile communications for PPDR. SALUS aimed to balance and develop the technical, organizational and economic aspects.
Een aantal speerpunten voor het onderzoek in SALUS waren:
- Seamless mobility, Quality of Service en resilience
- End-to-end security and privacy, and intrusion detection
- Frequency spectrum
- Enterprise Architecture
The consortium is European wide and diverse in backgrounds:
- Industrial parties: Alcatel-Lucent International, Airwave (Operator), Cassidian;
- SMEs: OneSource, Rohill, UbiTEL, FIGO;
- Research Institutes: Fraunhofer-IOSB, Instituto de Telecomunicações;
- Universities: Univ. Belgrade-School of EE, Kingston Univ. London, Univ. Ljubljana, Univ. Patras, Univ. Twente;
- PPDR End-Users: Emergency Services College (ECS), Public Safety Com. Europe Forum (PSCE)